- PubMed Tutorial, National Library of Medicine (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/pubmed_tutorial/m1001.html) - The "PubMed Tutorial"is the Web-based learning program that will show you how to search PubMed®, the National Library of Medicine (NLM®) journal literature search system.
- SUNY Health Sciences Evidence based Medicine Course from SUNY Downstate Medical Center and The Evidence Pyramid (http://library.downstate.edu/EBM2/contents.htm and http://library.downstate.edu/EBM2/2100.htm) - This site provides basic definitions and examples of clinical research designs to help a student or clinician understand how the design of a research study may affect whether or not to accept its findings in caring for a patient.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making: Introduction and Formulating Good Clinical Questions. (http://www.dentalcare.com/en-US/conteduc/index.jspx) - A free 2 hour online Continuing Education course, found under the Research Category, Course #311 on the P&G Continuing Education site.
- Translating evidence-based decision making into practice: appraising and applying the evidence. (http://www.jebdp.com/article/S1532-3382(09)00089-X/abstract) - Miller SA, Forrest JL. Journal of Evidence-Based Dental Practice, December 2009;9(4):164-182.
- Translating Evidence Based Decision Making into Practice: EBDM Concepts and Finding the Evidence. (http://www.jebdp.com/article/S1532-3382(09)00039-6/abstract) - Forrest JL, Miller SA. J of Evidence-Based Dental Practice, June 2009; 9(2):59-72.
- EBDM: A Translational Guide for Dental Professionals, Lippincott, June 2008 (Forrest, Miller, Overman & Newman) (http://www.lww.com/product/?978-0-7817-6533-6) - This hands-on text provides a method for making evidence-based decisions in practice. A step-by-step approach is used to master the five essential skills of EBDM using 5 Case Scenarios. Each chapter has objectives, suggested activities, a quiz, critical thinking questions, and exercises.
- Evidence Based Decision Making Website (http://www.usc.edu/ebnet) - An Evidence Based website provided by the National Center for Dental Hygiene Research & Practice. Links to multiple sites.
- National Center for Dental Hygiene Research & Practice (http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/dhnet/) - The National Center for Dental Hygiene Research & Practice can serve as an excellent site for graduate students, post-docs and/or faculty on sabbatical related to advancing the dental hygiene research.
The dhnet Web site is hosted and maintained by the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at the University of Southern California. For questions and comments regarding the site, please contact Ben Creighton.