- ADHA-National Dental Hygiene Research Agenda (http://www.adha.org/research/nra.htm ) - The National Dental Hygiene Research Agenda provides directions to hygienists on priority research areas that can help advance the profession.
- NIDCR Strategic Plan 2009-2013 (http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/Research/ResearchPriorities/StrategicPlan/) - The 2009-2013 NIDCR Strategic Plan provides a guide for the Institute's funding decisions and defines the areas that will be closely monitored for key developments and innovations that can be applied to oral, dental and craniofacial health. The Goals and Objectives presented throughout this Plan strike a careful balance between basic and applied research; address workforce issues; and confront the vexing problem of health disparities.
- HEALTHY PEOPLE 2020 (http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/default.aspx) - Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans. For 3 decades, Healthy People has established benchmarks and monitored progress over time.
- CDC Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (http://www.cdc.gov/ORALHEALTH/) - The CDC’s Division of Oral Health (DOH) works to improve the oral health of the nation and reduce inequalities in oral health.
- CDHA Canadian Dental Hygienists Association (http://www.cdha.ca/pdfs/Profession/Policy/research_agenda_102603.pdf) - The goal of the CDHA Research Agenda is improved oral health for all
- CIHR (Canadian Institutes of Health Research) Strategic Plan 2009-10 to 2013-14 (http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/documents/strat_plan_2009_e.pdf) - Health Research Roadmap: Creating innovative research for better health and health care. The IMHA supports research to enhance active living, mobility and movement, and oral health; and addresses causes, prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, support systems, and palliation for a wide range of conditions related to bones, joints, muscles, connective tissue, skin and teeth.
- NCI-National Cancer Institute, NIH (http://www.cancer.gov/) - The NCI is the Federal Government's principal agency for cancer research and training; the National Cancer Program, information dissemination has a requirement to assess the incorporation of state-of-the-art cancer treatments into clinical practice.
- OFFICE OF RESEARCH ON WOMEN'S HEALTH (http://orwh.od.nih.gov/) - The Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH) serves as a focal point for women's health research at the NIH. Established in September 1990 within the Office of the Director.
- Surgeon General Report ( http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/AboutNIDCR/SurgeonGeneral/) - Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans. For 3 decades, Healthy People has established benchmarks and monitored progress over time
The dhnet Web site is hosted and maintained by the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at the University of Southern California. For questions and comments regarding the site, please contact Ben Creighton.